On August 6 2006 the Coptic Educational Foundation Merit Achievement Award Reception was held at the Marriott Hotel- Los Angeles. His grace Bishop Serapion, Fr. Boulos, Fr. Isaac, Fr. Michael, Fr. Raphael and over 140 guests attended this event. The purpose of the event is to celebrate the accomplishments of the high school seniors and to announce the 10 recipients of the CEF-Merit Achievement Award. The CEF received 21 applications from this award. Each of applicant that was present at the event was recognized and received a small gift as a token of their efforts. In addition, each of the 10 award recipients received an Award Certificate and a check for $2,000 paid to the University that will be attending.
- Cherif & Nabih Youssef briefed the participants on the status of CEF and listed their last year’s accomplishments
- Cynthia Colon, shared her remarks on helping high school seniors with their college applications and admission requirements
- Georgette Farag talked about the partnership of the Coptic Outreach organization and CEF to offer educational services. She also announced that the Coptic Outreach is offering three Merit Awards in addition to the seven that CEF is offering.
- Mary Said outlined the Award Selection Process and stated the Selection Criteria for receiving the Merit Achievement Award
- Dr. Sahar Barsoum gave the commencement speech to all the applicants and their parents.
- The profile of each of the award recipient was presented by one of the Selection Committee members
- And finally, his grace Bishop Serapion give the concluding remarks.
Shown below is the list of Award Applicants
Shown Below is the list of Award Recipients